If you have been planning on adding a deck, patio, or sunroom to your home, now is the time to start if you want to enjoy it in time for the summer. Usually it will take 2-3 months to build, from design to completion. Even if you are usually a do-it-yourselfer, building a deck or porch is a difficult project, and is highly recommended that you hire professionals to get the job done right.
We at Bennett Contracting make planning a deck build easy. If you are unsure of how you want your deck or porch to look like, our designers will collaborate with you to come up with a build that you will love and will last for years to come.
For those that have some idea, consider these points before contacting the pros:
• The deck’s layout – Will your deck reside solely in the back of the home, front of the home, or will it wrap around the side(s)? Will there be a pool or garden that will need to be taken into consideration?
• Number of stories – If you would like multiple levels, will they be connected by stairs or a passageway?
• Staircases and coverings – Will the stairs be straight, L – shaped, Winder, Spiraled, Curved, etc.
• Materials – natural wood or man-made composite?
• The type of railings – Vinyl, Composite, Wood, Metal? Will the rungs be straight, patterned, cable, or glass?
• Features – Would you like to incorporate special features such as benches, a fire pit, an area to barbecue?
With this information at hand, it will be easier for our contractors to provide you with an estimate, although we are always happy to work through the process with you. Our professionals will also take care of any codes, permits and inspections needed to comply with regulations. Give us a call at 518.462.6731 or visit our website today to get started on your porch, deck, or sunroom construction.
We proudly serve Albany, Troy, Delmar, Glenmont, Colonie, Voorheesville, Selkirk, Cohoes, Latham, Ballston, Rexford, Amsterdam, and the nearby New York area.